Pool Party Guidelines
Pool parties carry inherent risks. Non-swimmers should be wearing appropriate floatation devices or not be allowed in the pool unsupervised.
If your pool is managed by SwimAtlanta, please notify us of any party that you are planning on hosting whether it requires a Lifeguard or not. If an unexpected party creates more swimmers than the Lifeguard can safely watch, the pool may close temporarily until adjustments to staff can be made. SwimAtlanta does not provide lifeguard coverage to pools that are not currently managed by SwimAtlanta Pool Management. Please read the following informational sections and book your Lifeguard(s) below.
Determining quantity of Lifeguards
One (1) Lifeguard is required per 25 people. Due to insurance requirements, there can be absolutely no exceptions on the number of lifeguards per party. The total number of attendees includes everyone attending the party, not estimated swimmers.
One (1) additional lifeguard is required for any party involving teenagers, college-age people, or parties involving alcohol.
If your party is during a time when a Lifeguard is already on duty and you have less than 25 people in your group you still may need to hire an additional Lifeguard. Adding your party to the swimmers that would normally be in attendance may cause the total quantity of swimmer to exceed 25. The date, time of day and past pool usage all help determine average pool attendance. Please call our office so we can help you determine whether you will need additional Lifeguard(s) during times when a Lifeguard is normally on duty.
If you choose to have your party during a period that your pool has "Swim at Your Own Risk" and would like to hire a Lifeguard, we must consider adding the amount of people in your party to the swimmers that would normally be in attendance. This may cause the total quantity of swimmer to exceed 25. Everyone in the entire pool area becomes the responsibility of the Lifeguard. The date, time of day and past pool usage all help determine average pool attendance. Please call our office so we can help you determine the number of Lifeguards you will need.
For a party involving children, the party sponsor must provide one adult chaperone for every 10 children under age of 18.
Paying for the Lifeguard:
- The current rate is $25.00 per Lifeguard, per hour.
- Pool Parties must be scheduled and submitted with payment a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- If a party is requested with less than 7 days notice, there will be a non-refundable $20 administration fee added to your total.
- Most neighborhoods and clubs require that you notify them before booking a Lifeguard. You may need to satisfy party requirements established by your community. Booking a lifeguard here does not mean that have reserved the actual pool facility. Please contact the board of directors at your club to get their approval and the reservation of the facility before arranging for the Lifeguard.
- You will receive an e-mail upon receipt of your request form.
- 15 minutes of time per Lifeguard will be automatically billed at the time of booking for party cleanup. This only covers for normal cleanup. If extraordinary cleanup measure are needed you may be billed an additional amount.
- You must call 770-992-7665, ext. 103 to and give at least 4 hours notice of a canceled party to avoid charges. Please call for any cancellation, including inclement weather.
Number of people scheduled to attend Number of Lifeguards to reserve and pay for the party
1 to 25 = 1 Lifeguard
26 to 60 = 2 Lifeguard
61 to 100 = 3 Lifeguard
101 or more = 4 Lifeguard
One (1) additional lifeguard is required for any party involving teenagers, college-age people, or parties involving alcohol. For any party involving children, the party sponsor must provide one adult chaperone for every 10 children under age of 18.
Other items to be aware of:
- Lifeguards are not able to work past 12:00 midnight.
- Lifeguards will call regular breaks every hour as during normal pool operation
- Lifeguards will enforce the standard rules that are in place during normal pool operation
- The party sponsor is responsible for the assistance in the cleanup after the party.
- Lifeguards will arrive at the start time of your party. If you would like them to be there in advance then please reflect that in the booking time submitted for your party.
- PAYMENT IS EXPECTED AT THE TIME YOU BOOK YOUR PARTY. PARTIES ARE NOT FULLY CONFIRMED UNTIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED. PARTIES NOT PAID IN ADVANCE WILL BE SUBJECT TO CANCELATION.
- Party requests given without at least two weeks notice may not be able to be staffed. If we are unable to staff your event you will receive a full refund, including the $20 administration fee if the party was requested with less than 7 days notice.
- We may decline providing Lifeguards during school hours.
If you are a Homeowner requesting a Lifeguard for a private party at your Neighborhood Pool managed by SwimAtlanta Click Here .
If you are a a Property Manager or Board Member requesting a lifeguard for a community pool party Click Here.
Questions? Call SwimAtlanta
(770) 992-7665 Ext. 103 Caitlin McQuade